Tuesday 10 March 2009

On the road to San Remo

As it's Tuesday and this is mine I cannot deny myself a smallish x Factor rant.Yes I admit I am sorry to see I Farias go, the loft if nothing else certainly won't be the same without them. Not just because they make sweet harmless music but also because they are such sweet people. For that alone their future is secured. They did a beautiful break in the ghastly Africa of Toto fame but their second song, some hideous Italian folk thing with galloping horses, was unbearable in it's ugliness - not their fault.I regret also the de-americanization of Daniele. Persuaded to remove his trademark glasses in order to 'communicate' better and persuaded to severely limit his funk groove I think we can now say that in his totally demoralised state he can be safely put on the road for San Remo, haven of the grand banal balladeers. Only international stardom will save him now, and that's not at all unlikely. Matteo is already well on the road and I can see him at next years festival, hell I can see him winning it. A beautiful voice, acute and clear, totally thrown away on one of my most detested songs, the trite and dreadfully boring Arthur's Theme. Morgan remarked that of all the possible Beatle songs that the Bastards could have sung, they had to pick Ticket to Ride which was a dismal failure. The same might be said of his choice for Matteo given the back catalogue of Burt Bacharach. Incredibly or maybe not, Enrico was thrown into the ballottagio this week...the Black Hand of Tommassini continues to dog his every footstep - progressing steadily down from last weeks burning bedsheet we had to be distracted instead by a very ugly dance routine which consisted entirely of a female dancer opening her legs, showing her arse and displaying the cheestastically natty X ( as in factor) on the crotch of her knickers. World class rubbish scraped out of the bargain bin of Madonna's thighful performances. In a wholly predictable stand off with Farias, Enrico free at last, was able to show what we all know he has. Of course Ventura eliminated Farias, she wanted to leave the theatre alive. Noemi and Jury were ok but besties of the night were the Bastards with Contessa, an extraordinary and fabulous song. I hate to admit it but the vidwall film conceived by the Black Hand was very good dammit.
I predict that Daniele will be sacrificed for Jury, first Enrico and then Matteo will be sacrificed for Noemi--witness Morgan allocating her one of his own songs pffffft- and the Bastards will win. Next week sees the last 'new entrants' - a total waste of time and effort for all concerned as whoever enters is bound to leave again the following week.

As much as I like Morgans music, and as much as he is charismatic, my adoration of the first few weeks has diminished to nothing.I'm finding him an attention seeking, hysterical prima donna, whose fan base is reducing this programme to a level where cult of personality reigns over music content. Prissy and silly, I can't even find him attractive anymore - egad those nails, those teeth! Showing off by addressing all his comments in english in front of Anastasia was at best embarrassing, at worst pretentious and elitist. Yes, go to Sky, I won't miss you.

On a more delightful note, I'm really enjoying Muziik , a great site I found through cnet and for the sake of auld langs syne this photo of Il Saggio, one of the Farias brothers....gone but not forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment