Wednesday 18 August 2010

No, I won't say it....

....and anyway March wasn't THAT long ago for goodness sake. You know, after the debacle of the hard disc being eaten alive by aliens I tried to keep a kind of land-based blog.On paper. Writing with a pen. Oh I forgot, that's called a diary or something. And this was mainly to keep me from wiping down the kitchen work surfaces for hours at a time or talking to the cats or watching crap on the tv at 5.00 in the afternoon....you know, the Desperate Hours when re-runs of 24 seem fresh and new. And didn't I regret reading those Millenium novels in a week when I still had the computer and could have eaked them out a bit? When I could have wasted some of that reading time playing Farmville or doing random on ImdB?

At one point I found myself thinking hmmm this isn't too bad and maybe if I don't get a new computer I could become a real housewife with real life 'interests'. That lasted as long as it took Himself to suggest we went to Trony and checked out prices . I've always spurned lapdog in favour of Big Desktop with Accumuled Junk accessories but this bitty little notebook is growing on me. The touch pad caused a few pangs until after hours of searching 'My Touchpad keeps freezing' and advice relating to new drivers ( what, already?) I realised that I tapping over the on/off light. Sigh. DO take time to read the instructions Frankie, please. And anyway I have a USB mouse now thank goodness. It still seems like I've started from scratch though, as if everything that was is no longer and I should start again. Hell I've even revived the never used MySpace page which is a terrible place to be with no friends. I'll stay away from Twitter I think.

So that real life diary? Apparently I watched 21 grams (superb) and House of the Flying Daggers ( ah Takeshi) and cried in the shower over the building work 9th circle of hell. I actually had to go and make some coffee during The Grudge (is film fear age related?)and that wasn't even the original version. I enjoyed that Tim in Project Runway was dubbed into Italian by the same voice as R2D2 and to brush up my reading in Italian skills I laughed out loud all through the Codice Da Vinci- possible the most stupid book ever written. And this was off the back of Sir Noel Cowards fabulous dear boy Diaries so the culture shock was almost the death of me. But now I have this darling little notebook,all fresh and uncluttered and I'm loving the novelty of having Mahjongg at my fingertips whenever and wherever I want.

And I can't WAIT to get the cute pink bag to keep it in.
Happy Days..............Here's Takeshi seeing to the old bamboo...

No comments:

Post a Comment